Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malloch Jock Scott
Does anyone have his patternlisting of his verson of Jock Scott? Hope evryone have been good in xmas.
Question 
Well K-O...you got me doing research on this one. I looked through my meager library dealing with classic salmon flies and fly tying...but I could find no mention of that listing. You might find what I did come up with interesting however. In the Barry Grewcock/Dave Carne book there are the following...and all different versions of the Jock Scott...but no Malloch...hmmm.

Here goes and they are listed as "appears in" - Perrault (2 versions); Kelson; Hardy; Hale; Francis; Pryce-Tannatt; Veniard; Maxwell; Pennell; Taverner; Foster; Walbran and finally the American version That is a total of 14 varied JC's...and no Malloch. I'll keep searching...and I wish you luck!!!

Petri Heil,
George
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Thanks. I belive i see one Malloch fly. Remember it was much more peacock in it than the usual JS patterns. Also much more in the tailveilings than ordinary JS. I just cant remember were i see it. Thanks again.
No worries...I will keep looking!!
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
After thinking very hard i think it was a picture of a vintage fly Long posted somewere but i am not completly sure.
possibly in the Grewcock/Carne compendium? i can check when i get home from work, unless anyone reading this has a copy and can chime in?

E
(12-28-2018, 12:12 PM)Aix sponsa Wrote: possibly in the Grewcock/Carne compendium? i can check when i get home from work, unless anyone reading this has a copy and can chime in?

E

I looked there Eunan...no luck
Petri Heil,
George