Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Variegated sun fly

First posting of the year. And what a hard time the wing gave me!! Took me to the very edge of my tying skill. 75% happy with it. I’ll do this one again when I have some proper wool as this one is a mixture of dubbing and wool. Tail should be a bit higher and that would make the wing higher.
But anyway it looks ok and I love the look of the pattern.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL HERE
regards
Dave
One life........live it!
Excellent fly Dave!!!
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
look at it this way... if you raised the tail you'd still be tying the wing.

heads are looking good, mate.

cheers,
shawn
the difference between art and a hobby is you can plagiarise for a hobby.

I don't know Dave. I really like this tie and I truly think that tail is spot on to set the stage for the wing. Very nicely done!!
Petri Heil,
George
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
I've never tied one of these so don't know pitfalls but it looks good to me. Will you fish with this? Terry
I’m not doing any salmon fishing this year. I feel the species is under such pressure, we should leave them alone for at least 10 years. Salmon farming is also an issue, but don’t get me started in that subject!!
Thanks for the positive comments guys
Dave
One life........live it!
I think you did a real nice job on the ugliest salmonfly ever. As for the tying, i think it's perfect. If the wing was any higher i think the fly would feel too top heavy. Nice job Dave.
Nice job Dave. I also agree with the above comments. I have a lot of respect for your ambition to keep testing and improving your abilities.

Regards,

Marty