Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diving Duck Blues II
Tied this one today. The name.....Diving Duck Blues II after the song. I decided to use shades of no colour other than the wing & JC. As I'm sure Jon will say, that's not that easy. I've got in excess of three hundred different colours of tinsels and did I want to dip into them! So, all tinsels are silver or shades of black. I would have preferred a lighter JC but out of thirty +- pelts, this was best for this fly.....long and small.  Next hook is already in the jaws of the vise prepared for gut. We'll see how this one goes. I'm thinking no blues and maybe no greens too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
When I got home from the Eagles football game watching party at a neighbor's house last night I wasn't really in any condition to post any thoughts about this fly...but I feel somewhat able this morning...I think Huh Huh  

It isn't just your pattern or the tying Ronn...both of which are superb...it is the way you put it all together on that unique hook. THAT is what sets the whole thing apart for me. Just delightful!!

Petri Heil,
George
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Exquisite work, Ronn !!! So many details and decisions. My kinda stuff

dave
Amazing creation Ronn. I especially like the body detail the most.

Regards,

Marty
Good look Ronn. Hook brings it all together IMO.
so maybe I'm the only one looking forward to the next one?
no blues or greens?

this better not just be a bare hook... though I'm familiar with the emperor's new attire I'm not afraid to address his elephant.

cheers,
shawn
the difference between art and a hobby is you can plagiarise for a hobby.

I need that hook Ronn, specs and info please.

Cheers
Inside the black, shiny eye of the ant...
(01-09-2019, 07:45 AM)CCRiebeeck Wrote: I need that hook Ronn, specs and info please.

Cheers

Here they are. I will be making three sizes larger soon. Available in blue and japanned & straight and curved shank. Email me if you are interested. ronn@ronnlucassr.com

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
...always has been one of my favorite hooks you make.

Dig the 2 white stripes toward the front, too.