Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streamers
Really nice streamers!!!...I love tying classic streamers. Carrie Stevens and Lou Oatman flies especially. A set of Lou Oatman streamers is on my list to tie.
Thank you Don. Mike Martinez is another with great creations. Larry Leight (another great dresser) often post his patterns.

Regards,

Marty
A fellow Pennsylvanian...Don Bastian also ties some very fine streamers. Doesn't post anywhere to the best of my knowledge, but his web site sure shows the quality of his work...including classic wet flies too.
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
(07-10-2019, 05:44 AM)Don Walker Wrote: Really nice streamers!!!...I love tying classic streamers. Carrie Stevens and Lou Oatman flies especially. A set of Lou Oatman streamers is on my list to tie.

Don:  I'm also a fan of Mr. Oatman. I tied a set of 3 that included his "Brookie" which has the painted dots on the hackle.  I thought his tying was bold and inspiring.  I'm always happy to hear his name pop up

dave
(07-12-2019, 05:36 AM)dave gotzmer Wrote:
(07-10-2019, 05:44 AM)Don Walker Wrote: Really nice streamers!!!...I love tying classic streamers. Carrie Stevens and Lou Oatman flies especially. A set of Lou Oatman streamers is on my list to tie.

Don:  I'm also a fan of Mr. Oatman. I tied a set of 3 that included his "Brookie" which has the painted dots on the hackle.  I thought his tying was bold and inspiring.  I'm always happy to hear his name pop up

dave

Dave - I  remember seeing that brookie pattern in the original Family Circle (later Noll's) paperback book of fly patterns...Cool Stuff - George
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein