Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Favorite Fishing Place on Earth
The truth to the matter is I could post 100 photos here from a wide variety of places I've been lucky enough to fish...a couple exotic, some relatively close and some within a couple of hours at most from where I sit just outside Valley Forge Park in SE Pennsylvania. All that being said, there is one place that has been my favorite ever since the first time I set eyes on this particular river...it is the Grand River on the Gaspe Peninsula of Quebec. I've fished for Atlantic Salmon for some 40 years on and off in Nova Scotia a few times, New Brunswick twice and Quebec a couple dozen times plus and when I fished the Grand for the first time in 2007 it just blew me away and the feeling has never changed. I think the few photos...or I hope the few photos attached here will give you a bit of an idea why. I'm no photographer so forgive me for that...but enjoy nevertheless!!

I had to add a couple of shots of Les Falls on the Dartmouth. The beat has 6 pools hosting 4 rods and I took my first Atlantic over 20 pounds out of Spring Rock Pool on that beat...and it was my first on a dry fly. That dry fly fish took me 34 years to get that done...and finish my bucket list for those fish.

Petri Heil,
George

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Show off ! No, seroiusly, you are one lucky man. I'd post up myself but all my good stuff is on film. Awesome post George !
George, I can see why you like it there. I'm amazed at photos from all around the world that look much the same as our favorite slice of the wild...…...same kinds of foliage and terrain or almost. Thanks for the photos.
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
Beautiful river and fish George! Landing an Atlantic is on my bucket list. Hopefully I make it up to the st. Marie’s river or AuSable this fall and make it happen.

Regards,

Marty