Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Blend
My love of fishing has often lead me to dress flies that look like a five year old could tie them.  This one was tied for the dark tannin stained waters I often visit.  Probably would fare well as a low light, first legal cast of the day fly.  P-cock herl and red accents do really well up here in some waters of the Adirondacks.  I watched a friend of mine absolutely clean-up a stretch of a river using a traditional dry Royal Coachman.  Like a lot of tying experiences, the greatest joy comes from imagining the spot you will cast it

dave

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You make messy look good Dave!
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
I love it when a post makes me smile and laugh at the same time. I smiled at your comments Dave...as well as that sweet fly. Ronn's comments had me laughing a bit...you do make messy look good. Big Grin
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Looks great Dave! You should call it Magical Mess.

Regards,

Marty
what flies look like when they're very (very) ill.

cheers,
shawn
the difference between art and a hobby is you can plagiarise for a hobby.

Thanks Gents.  Here's another 'bed head' fly that's very much in the same vein (other than the tail).  It would look even messier if I lifted the pulled down hackle.  Most of us have dressed flies to please a crowd.  Sometimes the crowd is fish.

dave

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

None of it seems messy to me. Those flies wet, i'd bet, look like tasty little minnows. Real neat flies, i'd love to see their wet look.