Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picasso not Rembrandt
Wasn’t going to post this but after finally getting the Mandarin sail feathers mounted I’m going to. Not many options available for mounting these unique feathers, so I went with Tom Herr’s mounting point. 

Definitely an abstract and not an old masterpiece. I think if I would have done something different with the body work it would grow on me a little. So...here you go

Regards,

Marty

Those feathers test the mettle of any tyer and you did a fine job using them!!
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
You're right Marty, it is abstract, but so is the feather. Glad you decided to let it's freak flag fly. Thanks for this, you did a terrific job !!

dave
I really like how your color choices in the body honor those of the feather, and the explosion of nails up front are like fireworks at the end of the night, too. Good stuff Marty.
As I've stated before...I have no true knowledge of the arts...but I know what I like when I see it...and I really like this. Most impressive Marty!!
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Thanks gentlemen. Myself, I am not real fond of this one. Looking back if I would have built up the body some more before I mounted the wings it would have been better. Definitely difficult to wrap with those huge wings. So looks like a little more planning would have had some benefits....live and learn.

Regards,

Marty