Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
parmechene belle
Hi everyone , I've had this on my list for a while , been looking round for correct materials list to tie this , there are so many variations of this fly , floss body , gold tinsel ,to put a tag on or not, settled for this one . wasn't sure if wings should be splayed or together , opted for this but if I was tying one for fishing I would tie them together. Thanks for looking, Terry.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nice looking belle Terry. I prefer wings and tails tied together but can understand why they are tied this way as well. My personal favorite wet is the Fontinalis Fin.

Regards,

Marty
Sweet!
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
as embarrassing as it might be I'm afraid those arsenal colours work very well on trout.
these were dries cheekily named greenwell's arse...

crazy as they don't mimic anything natural.

united!
shawn
the difference between art and a hobby is you can plagiarise for a hobby.

Very nicely done Terry.....
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
You did a great job with this fly, Terry. It's got pleasing proportions and your skills are evident. To splay or not to splay is a good question. I think it depends on the type of waters and your style of fishing. I have memories of this pattern that go way back. Thanks for participating.

dave
Thanks guys , I saw a fontinalis fin while I was looking this one up but decided to stick with this but while I was tying it I was thinking what it was supposed to imitate and come to the conclusion absolutely nothing, Terry
Very nice tie. I use the same version of the pattern as well, which I believe I got from Ray Bergman’s Trout. I have found it to be an effective fly.

Of the four ways you can orient wet fly wings, I’ve always liked the wings curving towards each other and flaring upward.