Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3/0 Black Argus
I have been itching to tie this for a while using the real feathers. i think I rushed completing this pattern and ended up with a few warts. Overall I am happy with the results. I need to slow down and change the goal of completion to correctness.

Regards,

Marty

Excellent fly Marty!!! That's a really old hook, I should recall it! (8^o
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
Thank you Ronn
Marty,
I agree with Ronn on this one 100 % !!!
If it makes you feel any better...you aren't the only one guilty of rushing when the finish line is in sight  Arrow Arrow Arrow
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Marty: A wonderful compact and muscular translation. And I mean every word. Very special.

dvae
Next level tying. Quite superb. I’ve a long way to go.
One life........live it!
Thanks gentlemen. This pattern was a bugger. Definitely would have turned out better if I had just walked away I little bit and came back refreshed and relaxed.

Regards,

Marty
geez... there isn't that much wrong with it. a bit cushed up on a 3/0 but whatev's.
did you tie them two at a time or all in? I tie mine all in.

and did you manage to get the western tragopan or is this the ebay temminicks that's been floating about lately?... not that it matters, more so a beware if you're looking for genuine.

cheers,
shawn
the difference between art and a hobby is you can plagiarise for a hobby.

Have to agree Mitch that there was not a whole lot of shank to work with. I tied the WT in sets. These are real WT. I have tied this patterns once in the past with Satyras a substitute.

Regards,

Marty
Props Marty, classic.