Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
traherne group tie players?
sorry, I didn't know where to post this so if a moderator wanted to create another category perhaps it would suit.
sod knows what you'd call it though... swaps? projects? troutmaddave's grand designs?

there's talk of opening the project with a juno.
I can see now that this will help with the multiple crest applications and set oneself up for a future traherne tie.

if this was a successful idea I would propose the evening star for the winging exercise next...

fancy it?

the genuine juno recipe:

Tag: Silver twist and blue silk the same colour as the cheeks.Tail: A topping.
Butt: Black Ostrich herl.
Body: Orange silk half-way, the same shade as the rind of a darkish orange; and yellow silk the same tone as the hackle.
Hackle: Yellow Macaw, from yellow silk.
Ribs: Silver lace, and silver tinsel.
Throat: Blue Macaw.
Wing: Golden Pheasant toppings.
Sides: Jungle Fowl.
Cheeks: Kingfisher.
Horns: Blue & Gold Macaw.
Head: Black Ostrich herl

notice how this recipe asks for kingfisher over cotinga/'blue chatterer'? it's the only traherne pattern I know of that does this...

cheers,
shawn

ps. no rush. I've still got a nelly parked in the vise awaiting magenta... and the chatterer threatening.
the difference between art and a hobby is you can plagiarise for a hobby.

Looks like as good a place as any for it.
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
I’d be up for this. Been wanting to try on of these patterns for a while. The thoughts of continuing through the rest of the series are rather scared though!! Who else would be interested??
Cheers me dears!
Dave

Just to add, are there any pictures of any original Trahearne flies in the web? Just to see one. To see if modern versions bear any resemblance to the former.

Jeesh...... it’s lovely and chilled here, no bullshit from self appointed dieties!! Sick of the whole FB thing.
One life........live it!
This is a great idea ! I hope it moves forward. The Juno is a good choice. It's a challenging pattern but the materials shouldn't be a big deal and there are a number of hook solutions

dave