Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blacker’s Spirit fly no2 and group shot.

finally got around to finishing this mini set of flies with the completion of no2. Trickier than it looks with only wrong handed jay feathers to play with!!
Comments welcomed
Cheers
Dave
One life........live it!
Aye lad...I believe you're getting the hang of this fly tying thing Wink 

What caught my eye besides the quality of the tying, is the variety of hooks on display...most interesting with 3 different wire thicknesses, different bends and gaps as well as variable ratios between shank length and hook size.

Very nice presentation Dave!!!
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Excellent presentation Dave! Your dressings are great. I especially like the body work that you have done

Regards,

Marty
Thanks guys. I just keep going!!
One life........live it!
Nice trio of flies Dave
Have to agree with the others on these flies............excellent work Dave!!! Looking back at your beginning, What are your thoughts about your flies then compared to now? I do hope you saved a few of the earlies! I have quite a few of my earlies sprinkled around the room along side what I do now. Good way to keep one grounded and a bit humbling too.
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
Haha yes Ronn. I was just looking through a box of a few of them. Jeysus! It’s such a strange feeling. All those tip/tag exercises I did. Now I don’t give it a second thought and every one is bang on!! Progression. I’m so glad I posted my first fly that day on the old forum. A lady Caroline as I remember. That fly is in a salmon somewhere!!
My journey continues......................
One life........live it!
I know, I get the same feeling when I see my early flies. I do think having the early ones has value even today because you know the frustration that went into those flies and the payoff is sweet. Keep pushing the comfort zone!!!
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com