Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly Fishing/Wing Shooting Expo
I attended the "Fly Fishing & Wing Shooting Expo" in our Pocono Mountains here in Pennsylvania yesterday. Only the event's second year and it should continue to be a hit on all fronts...big enough so there is lots to see and yet small enough to be an intimate affair. Plus it seems that fly fishermen are quite often bird hunters as well...great combination from my perspective. "The Fly Fishing Show" which has been around for some 30 years has become the same old same old thing every time I go...which isn't very often anymore. I went this past January simply because I was shopping for a new vise. I missed the International Fly Tying Symposium last November as well. Sorry I didn't go simple because I missed my annual visit and one on one chat with John McLain. Maybe this November...we shall see.

Nevertheless, yesterday was just plain fun. I chatted with the only salmon fly tyer there and she was great, talked to and watched a fellow working on engraving the action on a gun, also had the chance to speak with a chap from Griffon & Howe who was doing some of the final shaping on a rifle stock. He'd studied with Purdey in London for a while as well as the top stock makers at G & H. Beautiful work by each of these people.

Of course there was some fine tackle to look over at the Classic Fly Fisherman's booth. Lovely cane rods and a host of great reels...not to mention a selection of interesting materials for almost anything you might need.

Anyway...thanks for reading (I hope) my ramble  and enjoy the couple of photos from the show...especially the matched pair of 20 gauge over/unders from Churchill. They could have been mine for a mere $80,000.00...not to mention the other fine pieces priced from $12,000.00 to $42,000.00. Man I've got to hit the lottery Wink

Finally...The 3 fellows sitting at the table tying are representatives from my fly tying club. A good bunch and they did a great job for our group.

Cheers,
George

Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Thanks for sharing these pics George. Those shotguns are incredible but i think you forgot something that was supposed to go w this post. Cheers my friend, happy for you.
Hmmmmm...What did I forget? The vise?
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Yes, i'm sure the masses would enjoy !
Very cool stuff George!!!
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
Only $80,000, for 2? Reminds me of a show I once did at the Sandanona Shooting Grounds in Millbrook, NY. There were a couple booths the had multiple tables of guns like this set up. It was hard top take in the value, the cost, the beauty of them all.