Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catatonic
Photo 

This fly is called Catatonic. Why? A couple years ago a cat died in my yard...….. I just left where it was and let it decompose. Got a pretty big yard and it was out of sight AND out of smell! Anyway, I picked up a few bones because I thought I'd like to some on a fly some day. Well, as my good friend Royce and I get together once or twice a month for dinner and tying...…...no, I don't cook, we go out and then come back to my place for the tying. I had the bones in a Ziploc and he saw them and remarked "I should put them on the fly I had just started (a big one) and that's what I did. So, the best name I could think of was Catatonic. 

What do you think of this Val? I've put some unusual stuff on my flies like you do.
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
Beautiful fly. Definitely qualifies for artistic and creative!!! Sort of like Georgia O’Keeffe meets “the river runs through it”.
Best,
Dave
Gnarly....
it's only fair that fish get to eat a cat every now and then...

cheers,
shawn
the difference between art and a hobby is you can plagiarise for a hobby.

What a body ! What a bone ! The colors and hackling are exceptional and the sparse tail is brilliant One of my favorites of yours

dave
Your ability to foresee, then to be patient over who knows how long and then to actually use something so out of the mainstream demonstrates a certain artistic genius that my engineering type brain can't fathom. Quite amazing Ronn...stunning.
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
No bones about it Ronn, you can create a beautiful fly from just about anything.

Regards,

Marty
(05-06-2019, 02:35 PM)2ndmillion Wrote: No bones about it Ronn, you can create a beautiful fly from just about anything.

Regards,

Marty

The hell with the fly...that's the best reply/comment I've read in ages. To quote my friend Geert - HAHAHAHHAHAHA
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
I hate cats! I love this fly!

I like how the implied geometric facets of the bone are playing off the veiling feather and red on the side feather - brilliant, Ronn!