Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flea flicker
When I think of low water classic designs, 8/0 stout, long shanked hooks with impossibly sparse dressings comes to mind.  This is a smaller contemporary version of the same.  The horns are deal makers to me, the tip is lacquered red thread, blue is important, and so is the tipped dyed hackle I got from John McLain.  A thumbnail nudge on my 3rd rib wouldn't hurt.  I've always liked this fly and I had a spot on a river in mind when I tied it but we never made the trip.  Something different......

dave

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Dave - How friggin' cool is this? Little touches that make a fly truly something special...starting with the lacquered tip. Your work is always eye candy and this is no exception...and you are so right about that hackle.
G
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Minimal it is but maximum visual impact!!!
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
Beautiful fly. I agree with Ronn, sometimes less is more.
Dave
pffft... this is a jewel, not a fly.
reminds me of a jeweller/tyer shawn davis? (?)... I don't know if anyone remembers him but he used to tie on solid gold hooks.
his flies were quite spendy.

cheers,
shawn
the difference between art and a hobby is you can plagiarise for a hobby.

Thanks for your kind comments. The fly was tied specifically for Cohos. Shawn...yes I remember him well. We met @ a show in New Jersey years ago

dave
True art in the simplest form Dave!

Regards,

Marty