Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver Grey
Have not posted here in a little while. Just been lurking in the shadows. Tied this per Fisher’s pattern on a Klug 3/0. Didn’t turn out too bad. Body hackle is a tad long but I like it.

Regards,

Marty

I've recently seen this fly tied in strands but prefer the 'modern' version for its look and the tying prowess involved.

cheers,
looks smaller than 3/0 somehow,
shawn
the difference between art and a hobby is you can plagiarise for a hobby.

I like the fly a lot!!! I prefer long hackles too. You see so many flies tied with anemic tiny hackles. Like the open t&t too!
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
That's one helluva dressing, Marty !! Hits all the right notes. Muchos kudos

dave
Hmmmm.....what can I add to what has already been said? Nada...zilch...nichts...nothing...a real beauty Marty.
I'm also a fan of longer hackles. I've drifted away from that...but I believe you've just inspired me to get back to that style.
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Thank you gentlemen!

Regards,

Marty
I like it Marty! Nice how you got the tippet, ostrich and wood duck to line up, adds great symmetry. Amazing how variations of wing patterns of the same fly can make it look so different.
Best,
Dave
Thanks Dave. A narrower black tip for the WD would have been better.

Regards,

Marty
Sweet rendition Marty. Love the hackle work you've done here. This is one of the nicest silver greys i've seen . Superb work sir.
Thanks Matt. Think this was my best to date.

Regards,

Marty