Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy July 4th !!!!
I've posted this tie of mine before...but that's okay. Here in the U.S. we're celebrating our independence.

Happy 4th of July !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
that's really good, especially the beard. perfect.
what inspired you to tie it?

I've an old fly tyer from 2001 (perhaps) that features flies like these.

cheers!
shawn
the difference between art and a hobby is you can plagiarise for a hobby.

Happy 4th and thanks for the vets!!!
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
(07-04-2019, 09:34 AM)mitch aka 2 fish Wrote: that's really good, especially the beard. perfect.
what inspired you to tie it?

I've an old fly tyer from 2001 (perhaps) that features flies like these.

cheers!
shawn

Shawn,
To the best of my knowledge a chap from Connecticut...Roger Plourde...created a fly called "America". I've seen it up close and personal many times. Roger is a good guy and FINE fly tyer. That tie/pattern of his was my inspiration. I don't have a photo of his, but I can see it a clear as could be in my mind. Mine is a simpler variation on the theme of our flag.
Cheers,
George
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
I know the one, cheers.
I believe our leader, jon, has tied a few as well...

I tried to do the flag in the tag once... here's the prototype (and my only attempt):

if anyone wants to run with it and perfect it the floor's yours.
I don't know if I shall ever get back to it..?

cheers,
enjoy the day,
shawn

Here's a terrible patriot fly I tied MANY years ago. It has a fly bead in the body...……….yuck! happy fourth anyway.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
(07-04-2019, 05:48 PM)mitch aka 2 fish Wrote: I know the one, cheers.
I believe our leader, jon, has tied a few as well...

I tried to do the flag in the tag once... here's the prototype (and my only attempt):

if anyone wants to run with it and perfect it the floor's yours.
I don't know if I shall ever get back to it..?

cheers,
enjoy the day,
shawn

Fascinating concept and technique here Shawn. You've given me something to ponder and now to figure out a way to use what I see.....
Petri Heil,
George
protips: wrap the blue 2x for thickness, pull the white underside after the white 'after blue' wraps, use a wider red thread/silk.

oh, and after all that... have fun following that calibre for the rest of the fly.
I know when I've been beat, mate.

cheers,
shawn

Took a run at a patriotic fly yesterday. Not at all happy with the results but here it is anyways. Happy 4th!

Regards,

Marty

(07-05-2019, 12:18 PM)2ndmillion Wrote: Took a run at a patriotic fly yesterday. Not at all happy with the results but here it is anyways. Happy 4th!

Regards,

Marty

It has style, it has pizzazz, shows free thinking artistic talent...all adding up to patriotism on the 4th of July.

Well done Marty!!!!!!!!
Petri Heil,
George