Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oddball color combo
The sky is the limit when it comes to color options if you're tying for fish like Artic Char, Salmon, and Steelies.  I remember a fall years ago when a chartreuse/yellow combo was the ticket for landlocked salmon. Go figure !  Likewise , in western Alaska, Char were drawn to the strangest colors imaginable.  And so on and so on.  Fact is that we have incredible freedom when it comes to color choices when we tie.

I still have this fly.  It was dressed with the classic "Trout Fin" in mind as well as Mr. Lucas's daring use of color.  I guess if I had to throw it in the water, I'd choose Canada's coastal Labrador as the place.  If you stare at it long enough, you might come to love it as I do.

dave

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I didn't have to stare at it very long to fall in love with this fly Dave. The colors, the profile, the overall workmanship...stunning. Not just as a tying exercise, but something says you are oh so right about fish catching too!!
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Great fly Dave! I truly believe that this would fish well in just about any river.

Regards,

Marty
Lovely fly Dave!! I like the long hackle, long wing/tail and that little dot of orange butt.
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com