Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Sugar and Spice
...and all things nice.  That's what little girls are made of."

This is an older dressing that came together in my mind as naturally as spreading a warm dinner roll with butter.  A photo of one of our Canadian tiers daughters inspired the dressing.  I still have this fly and remain proud of it.  There's a couple of nuances that get swallowed up in the whole
- there's one turn of orange and light blue hackle at the throat.  They hardly show but they make a difference
- the rosy pink wing sides are hackle tips taken from the body feathers and the blue cheeks are special
- the thin/short yellow olive roof is important.  

A few things to grouse about but plenty to like .  Watcha think ?

dave

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

SWEET fly Dave!!! "... there's one turn of orange and light blue hackle at the throat. They hardly show but they make a difference
- the rosy pink wing sides are hackle tips taken from the body feathers and the blue cheeks are special
- the thin/short yellow olive roof is important"

I've been thinking along that subject too. If you look at most of my flies, the ribbing almost always has three strands of tinsel up to mind bending 14 or even more! The further away you look at it, the more the colours "soften/blend". Just because you can't see the individual parts doesn't mean you don't notice the total fly Make the analogy of a big pot of soup, the taste is the blend of all the spices.
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
Another just lovely piece of work Dave.
We have a delightful young lady who works at the golf course where I also do a few hours a day 3 days per week...or I was until this back issue sidelined me from most everything. Nevertheless, this fly epitomizes Leanne...vibrant, sweet, smart(!!!) and fun to be around. I will print out a copy of this fly for her to see...and tell her why.
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Another fine work of art Dave! Adding the hackles as sides really sets off the wing.

Regards,

Marty
Really sweet fly, one of my faves i've seen off your vise