Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
popham
    Hi Everyone ,Been meaning to tie one of these for fishing all summer and just not found the time, now the river is up and looking in good condition for this bank holiday weekend so I tied this on a 1/0 francis francis hook over the last couple of nights (slightly rushed). Ive never fished one before so looking forward to seeing how one swims and looks in the water. Thanks for looking ,Terry.
Nice popham Terry. I would bet that will look sweet in the current!

Regards,

Marty
Lookin good!! We'll wait for a report efficacy after you've fished it.
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
Well done. Hope you get a catch.
I'd be pretty confident with that in the water.

bonne chance!
shawn
the difference between art and a hobby is you can plagiarise for a hobby.

Great fly for sure. Good luck with that. I used to fish a lot of Dusty Millers and Green Highlanders in small sizes on the Miramichi... there is nothing more beautiful in the current as one of the old classics.
Plenty to admire on this one, Terry. Hits all the right buttons

dave
I just love that pattern...and you've done the creator of that fly proud!!

Good luck on the river...and be sure to let us know how you do.
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Hi Everyone , I went out Saturday ,Sunday and this morning and caught nothing Sad ,the salmon fishing isn't as good as it used to be here. A couple of fish showed in the early morning and dusk but couldn't get them to take.On a plus note I was really impressed with how the fly looked in the water it swam really good and withstood a fair bit of casting (it still has its herl head), so I'm going to tie one slightly bigger and maybe double up on the crow sub on the boby veilings , and get back out there Smile Terry.