Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green Highlander
    My favorite classic. I have caught salmon on this fly in smaller sizes that are slightly reduced. This is a 5/0 but have used 4, 6, and 8 double low water hooks with great success on the Miramichi in the past in September. The guide used to say..."any color is good as long as its green"....miss those days.
This classic is #2 on my list...but only because my first Atlantic Salmon caught on a classic fly  was taken on a Durham Ranger  Smile  It was the first day of my first trip to the Tobique...alas now closed to AS fishing. Fish weighed an estimated 19 pounds before being released unharmed and none the worse for wear.

This is tied the way I like to see a full dressed fly...wing shape, position of materials, general flow...very nice. I also like the fact that the vise holding the fly looks like one that has done its fair share of duty too  Wink
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Great looking fly. I'm fond of the GH too as i took my first salmon on a fully gutted version. Nice tying
Nice fly. I like GH but its not working well in my local river because salmon there sadly like mostly dark flies but i have a few kill with GH.
Agree, beautifully done.
Can't add to what the others have already said!!!
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
Love the Green Highlander pattern. I can’t say that I’ve landed a salmon with one, but it was the first real classic pattern that I tied.

Regards,

Marty