Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Jock Scott...Minor Variation
This hook...a Ronn Lucas, Sr. 4/0 Jock Scott model has been in the vise for 2...maybe 3 months. Well I finally got off my lazy butt and finished the the fly which has had 1/2 the body done since sometime in August.

The variations...Blue Nlitava instead of the Chatterer in the tail just for something different. The body hackle is not called for, just a blue and widgeon throat. Because the other 3 JS patterns all have body hackle I decided to do this fly in that manner. I didn't bother with the herl head. I've tied it that way in the past, but thought why bother this time Wink Other than that it is pretty much by the book.

Don't hesitate to comment gents.....

Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Great work, any chance you could post the trio together?
I'll do what I can to make it happen Dave.....
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Excellent fly George!!! I'd like to see the trio too.
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
Lookin good George. Hope your back's hangin in there. I need to give you a buzz, perhaps tomorrow....
I have a crazy busy schedule today with pre-admission stuff at the hospital for my upcoming surgery...but the trio will be posted either later today or sometime tomorrow...promise !!
Petri Heil,
George
First things first George. Look forward to seeing them. Well wishes.
Dave
George:

With so much going on in your life I'm happy you make time at the vise. Looking forward to seeing the three flies and your speedy relief from medical worries

dave
(09-13-2019, 08:06 AM)dave gotzmer Wrote: George:

With so much going on in your life I'm happy you make time at the vise.  Looking forward to seeing the three flies and your speedy relief from medical worries

dave

Dave:
Thank you for your kind words...much appreciated.
George

Okay gents...here is the trio. Just a couple of quick hand held shots of the most recent rendition of the patterns. You will notice differences in the wings...that is my never ending experimenting with shape and position. Many of you have read my comment that while there are traditional standards, a little personal style is perfectly acceptable...to me anyway.

One shot from afar of the boxes sitting my tying desk...the other edited to bring the flies up close.

G

Petri Heil,
George
Beautiful flies. Well done.