Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toucan
Hi All:
I was wondering what you would recommend I use for toucan substitute. Having never held one, I am not sure what qualities it has that one wants to mimmic. Is it a stiff feather, soft feather, opaque, translucent etc.?  Also, it appears there are several subspecies. It all gets a bit confusing... Thanks as always for the help!
Best,
Dave
cdc is a good sub for touc but you can also find it quite easily. I use keel-billed.

cheers,
shawn

there's some on the bay right now from new jersey that are $15.

be lucky,
shawn
the difference between art and a hobby is you can plagiarise for a hobby.

I have a pal who makes a killer sub from swan neck feathers. Pm me if you have an interest
Matt
(09-21-2019, 07:54 AM)Honyuk96 Wrote: I have a pal who makes a killer sub from swan neck feathers. Pm me if you have an interest
Matt

Thanks for the offer Matt, let me mull over options.
Dave
Hi All,
Anyone have experience with Feather Emporium, I see Toucan available there.
Dave
STEER CLEAR OF FEATHER EMPORIUM. If you want real toucan, i'd suggest calling John McLain of FeathersMc. He may be able to set you up w the real thing.
You already know my thoughts...110% agreement with Matt on this one. Big trouble there. McLain is #1 in my book as well.
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
I have to agree with Matt on the toucan sub. I watched the guy make them and I feel it is one of the best subs out there.

Regards,

Marty
Dave: If you can get your mitts on a Royal Starling skin, you'll find the breast feathers are a terrific alternative to Toucan

dave
I use Macaw yellow breast feathers. They are thicker than toucan so I use only 1. The color is right on for me.