Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claret Scott
I finally completed the "Scott Series" with the Claret Scott this morning. Actually this is the second time for these flies. I'll have to look for photos of the first go round and make some comparisons for my own benefit.

A couple of minor variations...I added a strip of claret swan to the wing and used teal on the sides instead of the called for gray mallard. Just thought it has a lot more character. I feel the head got away from me a bit...need to be a bit more attentive in the future. The toucan sub was something I  acquired a few years back from a guy in New Brunswick. It is dyed eider feathers. Nice texture if a little stiffish in appearance. I have to use it a bit more to learn how to make the best of it.

The fly is in what I call the "raw state" since no serious preening has been done at this point.

Hook is a Ronn Lucas, Sr. 4/0 Jock Scott model...just like the rest of the series. Seems appropriate to me to go with that hook.

Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Looks good George. I like the claret in the wing, nice addition.
The teal definitely pops more than grey mallard. Nice fly! It’s great to have the series posted on the forum.
Best,
Dave
Excellent fly George! Time for a group shot.

Regards,

Marty
Congrats, George !! The dressing is very fine and shares the same eye catching style as the others, Now that you've completed the series, what's next ?

dave
Thanks for the compliments and your thoughts on this tie guys.

I'll gather the others together Marty and take that "group shot".

What's next Dave? Don't know. I usually just open a book and peruse the pages until something catches my eye. Perhaps another group pattern like the "Doctors" or "Rangers" or some such thing. We shall see.....
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
SWEET!!!
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com