Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oktoberfest fly
Here's an old one that reminds me of pumpkins,  the colors in my yard, and the golden glisten of your favorite adult beverage.

The tail hackle veiling was intentionally pulled down towards the point.  I got a bit out of hand with the lacquer...Ya think?

dave

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thumbs Up 
Great use of the colors of autumn...and just a touch of the little remaining greenery of summer...all done in the fine style of DG!! Just super Dave....

Hmmm...I have this urge for a cold beer and a wurst to go along with it Wink Wink
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Beautiful fly as always DG.
Sweet design Dave! Local steelhead would definitely gobble that up.

Regards,

Marty
As usual a original Gotz masterpiece!! You put a smile on my face noting the cement. Everyone has problems sometime. That particular issue....it's why I prefer very viscous cement. I also like to see you fess up to your feet of clay. I've always thought it best to see how accomplished tyers recover when things go sideways. Breaking the thread. If you aren't breaking your thread from time to time, your flies aren't as tight as they should. That's just one little issue and they get worse from there.
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
I always appreciate your meticulous hackle application. Works beautifully in this fly as a veiling. Great color palette.
Dave