Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hmm...Why Do I Fly Fish?
I was daydreaming a bit about fly fishing while getting a hook in the vise and putting the gut eye in place. I then worked my way to the back of the hook, tied in the tip and then the tail...still daydreaming. I took a break and began going through some photos on my computer and as I did so many very fond memories came to mind of fish caught, places I've been, the people I've met, people I've shared trips with, etc, etc, etc.

So...here are some shots I decided to share. They are from here in Pennsylvania as  well as New Jersey, Quebec, and The Bahamas. There are others hanging on the wall here in my office, but they are from the days of wet film instead of the easy and convenient digital world. I will try to see if I can get one or 2 of them digitally and pass them along in the future.

Here for you are pictures in PA -  Letort Spring Run, Lititz Run; in Quebec - The Dartmouth River, The Grande River; in New Jersey in the back bays of the Stone Harbor area striper fishing; Bonefish in The Bahamas and my friend Christine with her first Atlantic Salmon.

I truly know I am blessed and lucky to have been to these places and the memories are strong, extremely positive and will stay with me forever. Something also tells me I'm not the only one on this site who has the same love of the sport for all the same reasons.

Enjoy.....

I ran out of allowable space...here are shots of the Dartmouth, Grande and York River in the Gaspe. Quebec area.

Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
WAY COOL George!!! Memories of the "good ol days" don't need to be grand things or places but all of them give us old folks peace of mind and good thoughts. On a not so good topic is how many people especially in big cities will never go into the forests, along small creeks, places far away and the list goes on and on. I am sorry for them. I can have a great time sitting on a rock and watch nature in small tucked far away places, smell the forest. I can hear and smell it right now!

Thanks George!
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
Yeah, what Ronn said. Very cool pics George. You should consider yourself a very lucky fella. I'm happy for you in what you've gotten to experience. Cheers
I must add I am hoping others will share their experiences and pictures as well. They need not be exotic destinations around the world. My favorites and most memorable are close to home!!

Speak up guys.....
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Not sure if i've evr shared these and they may not even be fishng related, but some memorable pics at my fingertips

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Now that's what I'm talking about...especially the one tired "fisherman" at the end of the day!!!
Petri Heil,
George
Henrik, on this outing, got to battle his first Michigan Chinook salmon. To say the least, he was pumped and also tired ! This is a great thread, thx fer starting it George. I'm going to try to dig up some more old pics and keep this ting goin.

Oh, and the spawners wer gar pike on one of our locals. It was the first time i've ever seen this. I pulled the boat over and just took it all in. The ceremony was pretty similar to a GL salmon but it was really cool seeing such large fish do their thing.
There is always more to the day than just fishing and hopefully catching fish...like this guy and his buddy giving him a hard time on the East Branch of the Delaware River.

Petri Heil,
George

George, 
I agree. Fishing is more often about the places it takes you, both physically and metaphorically, that makes it special. Although catching a fish of two never hurts... 

Best,
Dave
Ah yes...you definitely understand Dave. Love the photos too.
Petri Heil,
George