Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hmm...Why Do I Fly Fish?
    I too love where fly fishing brings me. I like getting in the water and I like all of the tinkering with tackle. I love flies like I loved matchbox cars when I was kid. I love to fish places where there are fish weather I catch one or not. When I see a river I imagine how I would present a fly there. Its kind of a positive addiction...fly fishing, fly tying, being out with nature on a river or lake. The photo is one of my favorite trout pools...I have fished it for more than 40 years.
Great looking spot. I could see myself spending a lot of time and effort there!!
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
These are fond memories of/with old friends.  In the photos are Ed Jaworoski and Leon Guzewicz...long time friends going back to the winter of 1973/74. Leon and I fished together for many years for trout of course, Atlantic Salmon on a half dozen or more different rivers, bonefish in Belize, stripers, smallmouth & largemouth bass and probably a few other things I just don't recall at the moment. Ed was part of this over the years as well.

This group of pictures shows Leon (in the pale shirt) on his last fishing excursion at Graystones on Mud Run in Pennsylvania. That brook trout was his only catch of the day and the last trout he ever caught before we lost him to cancer just a couple of months after this time the three of us were together.

Not trying to be maudlin or a downer here because this was good stuff and very uplifting in every way for the 3 of us. Good stuff really.

Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein