Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dyed and bleached material/info
Working with a few new (to me) flourecent dyes on seal. 

Against strong protest I'm about to share my 20 minute chemical bleaching process on GP crests for the first time, they're as white as it gets making any dyed color possible. I don't sell materials so there's no advantage to me keeping it secret. Stay tuned. If you have a year or more sun bleaching works okay, but they're not white/translucent. 

Lightly bleached Bronze mallard technique coming soon, too (Couldn't add picture). Still figuring out forum, please bear with me.

Shannon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

strong protest from whom? kelson??

your secret is safe with me as I'll never do it, mate.

cheers,
shawn
the difference between art and a hobby is you can plagiarise for a hobby.

Hmmm...several things Shannon.

I really like those pale bronze mallard feathers from your lightly bleached process. And that white topping feather has major possibilities above and beyond dying any color desired.

The fluorescent colors are most interesting...and I sure the steelhead fishermen among us will love'em.
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
I'd be interested in the bleaching procedure that you used on the GP crests.  Thanks!

Michael
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau
To him, all good things—trout as well as eternal salvation—come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy. - Norman Maclean

Me too!
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com