Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Introduction (Re-Intro To Some)
Hello everyone,

My name is Alex Hayes, I live in rural LeRoy, MI. Some of you may already know me from the old forum, some probably don't. I'm excited to see some familiar names here and look forward to learning some new ones. I started tying flies probably about 15 years ago, and began learning about the classics shortly after. A lot has happened in life since then, and I've slowed down significantly with my tying the last few years. I am really making an effort to come back into the hobby with full force. It's been a huge part of my life and one of my greatest passions. I'm hoping to continue my learning here alongside some of the best teachers I've found. A huge thanks to George for pointing out this new group and to the people who keep this site running.
Welcome the the forum!  Glad to have you here.

Michael
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau
To him, all good things—trout as well as eternal salvation—come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy. - Norman Maclean

Welcome to the group Alex. Just up the road from you in Cadillac
. Would love to see some of your work.

Regards,

Marty
Welcome back Alex!!!!
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
Ha!!! It didn't take you long to jump right in Alex. Welcome to the forum and I'm sure you'll enjoy.

I suspect you know Ronn's one rule...leave the fritters for him Exclamation Exclamation
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Welcome to the forum.

Jon
Jon Kopczyk
www.jkflies.com

Great news Alex ! Looking forward to seeing your tying again. I think I have one of your early topping wings in my FT room

dave
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! Looking forward to participating here. While I am also a big fritter fan, I wouldn't dream of messing with Ronn's! Marty, glad to see there is another local tyer, looking forward to seeing your flies! Dave, cool to hear that some of my flies are out there floating around. I'm happy to be seeing your work again as well!