Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juke Joint Jump
Happy New Year everyone! Here's my first fly for 2020 & I call it Juke Joint Jump after the blues song. It's on one of my H&B 9/0 hooks. The wing is of course, Florican Bustard, Shoulder is Mandarin, Jungle Cock wing coverts and sides of Temminicks. Throat of immature Satyr, JC & Edwards Pheasant. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
That one will definitely have the joint jumping 'til late after midnight! Love the Florican wing and the body work. Inspiring, for sure.

Michael
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau
To him, all good things—trout as well as eternal salvation—come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy. - Norman Maclean

Sweet looking fly Ronn. Nice one
As always I sit and stare at your work and wonder what goes through that amazing artistic mind of yours. Combinations of materials and color that coordinate, blend and excite...really quite something to behold Ronn................
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Wow Ronn! Another beauty. I agree with what everyone already pointed out. Everything unique right down to the veiling for the tip and tag.

Regards,

Marty
Superb me think.
...I still can't figure that pink joint out??? It's like a bar puzzle!
My guess would be five (maybe six) strands of twist that were bound down under the previous grey floss, given a twist over the pink embossed tinsel, and then bound down under the brown floss. Interesting technique to give horizontal striping along a hook shank! (Now that you've got me thinking about it, my mind goes to using it for a Scottish plaid!)

Michael
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau
To him, all good things—trout as well as eternal salvation—come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy. - Norman Maclean