Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lady Caroline Fly :)
Lady Caroline Fly Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Soft fire makes sweet malt
Looking good, well done. I belive wing is high for a traditional tied speyfly, but i am not so in to those speyflies.
(01-05-2020, 02:44 PM)Sky-Pilot Wrote: Looking good, well done. I belive wing is high for a traditional tied speyfly, but i am not so in to those speyflies.

Good evening, so this old style with cross bending and knots behind the wing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pretty good looking Lady!
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
(01-05-2020, 05:27 PM)Ronn Lucas Sr. Wrote: Pretty good looking Lady!

Thank you so much Ronn! I so appreciate you, what do you think about my hooks, and I had made this fly?
Interesting crossover between Spey and Dee wings. Spey's were mostly mallard, low along the body, keel-style -- the top of the slips meeting like the bottom of a ship. The Dee, split-turkey wings were in the v-style, diverging from the head. A pretty fly!

Michael
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau
To him, all good things—trout as well as eternal salvation—come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy. - Norman Maclean

(01-05-2020, 05:58 PM)mfhughesjr Wrote: Interesting crossover between Spey and Dee wings.  Spey's were mostly mallard, low along the body, keel-style -- the top of the slips meeting like the bottom of a ship.  The Dee, split-turkey wings were in the v-style, diverging from the head.  A pretty fly!

Michael

I like this style!!!
There are so many variations on so many patterns I suspect any and all are correct ties...and this is no exception. Of course it doesn't hurt that I happen to like your work on this fly!!
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
George is right. Pryce-Tannatt (i think) has an illustration of several basic strip wing winging styles that were in common use. Take the style and make it your own! Again, good work.

Michael
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau
To him, all good things—trout as well as eternal salvation—come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy. - Norman Maclean

(01-05-2020, 01:53 PM)switch! Wrote: Lady Caroline Fly Smile

Sorry but I don't comment on other's hooks.
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com