Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rosy dawn
Smile 
    Hi Everyone tied this on a 3/0 looking at it now maybe a bit more taper in the body would have looked good but quite happy with it . I nearly gave up on them toppings   Smile Thanks for looking Terry.
You should be happy with the results Terry. Nice work.

Regards,

Marty
Excellent fly Terry!!!
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
cheers Marty and Ronn
I am a detail oriented guy Terry...so to start I like the gentle taper and delicate nature of the lovely body work here, the alignment of the black bars of the tippet, all the curved parts mesh so well...just a fine overall effort!!!
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Thanks George hope you're keeping well
Hi Terry: I've always thought that the Rosy D was a tough nut to crack, proportion being the challenge. Your's is one of the best I've seen. While there's plenty to admire, the shaping and positioning of the horns are real standouts; very special ! Since I'm fussy by nature I believe the taper of the gold oval tinsel falls a bit short of the silver portion and that the head has a few awkward moments. Nonetheless Terry, this is a great dressing

dave
Thanks Dave , it was after I took photo that body taper stood out for me , wasn't going back then Wink . I might touch up head a bit . thanks for your comments Terry