Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My little work :) 2
Barbed, pointed, forged bend of hook 5/0, filed the shank for gut and previously polish. There are some scratches, I think that it will be little filed and then polished Wink)) Some good critic and remarks will be useful for me. Thank you!!!

So, I have done some improvements

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Soft fire makes sweet malt
Good looking hook to me. I like the shape, the point and barb work is super...my only thought is I might, MIGHT, taper the shank to a slightly finer point. That is just personal taste of course.
AH...if I were just a bit younger I might give the hook making thing a try. Keep up the fine work switch!!
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
(02-08-2020, 08:23 AM)CSFT II Wrote: Good looking hook to me. I like the shape, the point and barb work is super...my only thought is I might, MIGHT, taper the shank to a slightly finer point. That is just personal taste of course.
AH...if I were just a bit younger I might give the hook making thing a try. Keep up the fine work switch!!

Jappaning and baked 5/0 hook Wink)), I glad that this hook is liked you !!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Very, very nice switch!!! Your attention to detail and quality is quite evident.
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
(02-09-2020, 08:17 AM)CSFT II Wrote: Very, very nice switch!!!  Your attention to detail and quality is quite evident.

Thank you very much!
A very sexy looking iron! I’d agree on a little more of a taper for the shank point.

Regards,

Marty
(02-13-2020, 11:23 AM)2ndmillion Wrote: A very sexy looking iron! I’d agree on a little more of a taper for the shank point.

Regards,

Marty

Hi, Marty! Probably you are right, but this taper is in section like a drop for bending the gut in the best way.There is no round taper.