Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold Doctor To Shake Off The Rust
To shake off some considerable rust I decided to tie my variation on the "Doctor" series of flies. It is a Gold Doctor by request as a gift for a friend. It is tied on one of Ronn's Harrison-Bartleet hooks, size 4/0.

One note of interest...ALL of the married strips in the wing are turkey. No swan, no bustard, no golden pheasant. I tried some of McLain's latest Florican/Kori bustard as well as GP subs...and they turned out quite good actually. Very interesting stuff.

My thanks to Honyuk96 (Matt) for the loan of the Cottarelli vise. A fine piece of equipment and one that has been added to my repertoire of tying tools. The new one arrived today and it will be put to good use immediately.

Feel free to comment folks.

Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Excellent Dr.!!! I don't see any rust here George!
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
great fly George, them subs look great ,I think with some feathers seeming hard to find this is the way to go . nice one , Terry.
Thanks guys!!

Terry - I personally have a...shall we say...respectable supply of the real thing. But I wanted to try some of this interesting work of John's. And to repeat myself, they turned out quite well.
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Nice George. Mclain’s go sub caught my eye, might have to order some
One life........live it!