Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mar Lodge...Finally Done
Last week (??) I looked at the Kelson version of the Mar Lodge that Lars posted. It just so happens I had put one of his hooks in the vise and started the same pattern...but the Pryce-Tannatt version which is an old favorite of mine. I was inspired by Lars' style and decided to try and emulate the sleek profile in my own tie. The only variation I decided on was the tip/tag area is silver tinsel and black floss instead of tinsel only.

Actually to quote someone from the UK...I'm pretty chuffed with this one...except for the uneven tippet underwing. A little preening will fix that of course.

Thanks for looking folks...and feel free to comment.

Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
It's beautiful. What kind of vise is that? My mind seems to be infatuated with it
Garrison G
Thanks for the comment Garrison...much appreciated. The one thing I've always liked about this version of the Mar Lodge is except for the thread and floss every other material is all natural...nothing dyed.

The vise is a Cottarelli T-Rex. I just bought it a few weeks ago. I was vise shopping and my friend Matt in Michigan (Honyuk96 here) sent me his to try for a spell. After a few days I was sold, ordered the vise from the source in Italy...54 Dean Street...and 4 days later it was here and all mine. Fine piece of equipment and a rather hot item among classic salmon fly tyers. Like anything else however, this is all personal preference.
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Way to go , George. Terrific tying

dave
Beautiful George ! Really nicely done. Cheers
Believe you accomplished your goal George. Nicely tied! That T-Rex is definitely a pleasure to tie on.

Regards,

Marty
George,
Thank you so much for the info!
Being newish to salmon tying ( a year or so)
I crave knowledge.. And you my friend have been more than generous with your time with me .
Warm regards,
Garrison G.
Great dressing George!!!
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
Nice and clean.