Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baron...Pryce Tannatt Version
I haven't tied this one in a few years, and looking through Mike R's book of patterns I said YES to this cool pattern. I also decided to tie it with all of the real materials with the exception of the Jay for the throat. The hook is too large for those feathers, so I used McLain's dyed Grizzly saddle sub.

The hook is a Eugene Sunday 3/0 Milward 1X long. A rather light wired hook, but I do like the shape and proportions for this fly.

The photos show the wing in 2 different positions. I'm curious which you might prefer. Other than that the fly is shown as usual in the un-preened state. Some of the components need some minor re-positioning, but overall I'm pretty pleased with this one.

Thanks for looking folks.

Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Incredible fly George ! That. Looks. Killer.
Fantastic fly George!!! Everything is precise and easy on the eyes. The horns are just like I like em. The proportions are balanced and I think this is one of, if not the best I've seen of yours!
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
Nice one George , I prefer the top one for wing shape and overall flow of the fly.Hope you're doing ok. Terry.
Excellent fly George. My preference of wing shape is towards the first picture.

Regards,

Marty
Very nice George! I like wing #1 as well.
Best,
Dave
Thank you all very much gentlemen!!! Your compliments sure made my day.......

I also happen to agree with the choice of the wing in picture #1, and that's how the fly went into its storage box.

Now on to the next project...hmmm...what will that be. Think I'll do some material inventorying to look for some inspiration.

Thanks again!!!
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Lovely. I also like the first one. More natural shape on the wing.