Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Napoleon

Hi All:

Inspired by some recent Napoleon posts, and extra time on my hands these days, decided to give this pattern a go. Harrison and Bartleet 7/0. As always had some struggles but enjoyed the journey.

Best,
Dave
Hi Dave. Totally great looking fly!!! What's the tag material?
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
First - That is a beauty!! A pattern I'm not familiar with but it is now on the list to tie.
Second - 7/0????? Wow...those big hooks give me fits but you've handled it quite well.
Third - I really admire the fact that you "enjoyed the journey". That has been a big thing for me and my tying of the classics.
Finally - I am with Ronn...What is that tag material? Also...What kind of head cement did you use. Black or clear?
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Thank's Guys,

The tag material is Berlin Wool from Feathers MC, picked apart and dubbed onto thread. I have taken to Ronn's larger hooks when I have the materials to use on them. I use WASPI black lacquer and toothpick for head. It just happened to be what I pulled off the shelf at my local fly shop a year or so ago when I started this endeavor. Yes, it has been a fun journey and you all have been very helpful/instrumental in my learning. Your insights and advice have been terrific. It's enjoyable to have the camaraderie of this forum. I have learned to not take it too seriously, and accept a few warts or I tear my hair out.

Best,
Dave
Nice fly Dave. I have some 7/0 hooks, keep picking them up and put them back again .one day they will make it to the vice. Terry
Thank you Terry,
Give one a go. I'm sure you will love it!!
Best,
Dave
One of my fav patterns. Well done job on the fly.
Thanks KO!
Nice work Dave! That head is like a piece of glass!

Regards,

Marty
(03-31-2020, 12:19 PM)2ndmillion Wrote: Nice work Dave! That head is like a piece of glass!

Regards,

Marty

Thanks Marty, liked yours and thought I would give it a go.