Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dusty Miller
Trying to get back into the groove. Tied up a Dusty Miller, not my best but not my worst. Tip and tag to long, head wasn’t the greatest and should have increased the length of the orange silk. I went through two sets of wings and the last one was set three times. Moving forward though.

Regards,

Marty

We all have "problem" flies so I feel your pain. Having troubles with one myself. Regarding the tinsel body/floss, I think about two thirds tinsel and one third floss would look better at least to my eye. Good effort anyway!!!
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
I think we are our own worst critics Marty, I've nearly finished one and for some reason seemed to have fought everything all the way and can see loads wrong with it whereas sometimes it all goes good first time, your fly looks good to me and I'm sure the fish will like it, Terry.
Ronn and Terry are right...we are all our own harshest critics and there is always some fly that will jump up and bite you.
No worries, that fly looks good to me.
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Marty: Even the very best teams squeak out a win now and then. A very handsome dressing, and a winner it is !

dave
I like it Marty. Glad you're back in the saddle!
Thanks Guys. I’d have to agree, just have to force myself to correct what I don’t like.

Regards,

Marty
I like it, but i allways have some trouble with those patterns with just a little section with other colour in front than the rest of the body. It allmost dont show because hackle.