Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GH PT in the hand ;)
GH PT in the hand Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Soft fire makes sweet malt
Cool wing on this fly switch, well all of its great really but I think the wing is a great job, even more so tied in hand, I don't think my thumbs would be able to tie a fly in hand, well done, Terry.
(05-21-2020, 01:33 PM)Terry chippendale Wrote: Cool wing on this fly switch, well all of its great really but I think the wing is a great job, even more so tied in hand, I don't think my thumbs would be able to tie a fly in hand, well done, Terry.

Thank you so much, Terry! When I had started the first fly in the hand I had been thinking as you. I had always catched myself, while is tying, on my mind that there are being good if I have the pair of free hands, ha-ha !!! This fly is six in the hand while one year. Yes you are right, this wing quite difficult to do in the hand. Good luck!!!
That's an impressive slab of feathers for the wing!!! Nicely done.
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
(05-21-2020, 08:12 PM)Ronn Lucas Sr. Wrote: That's an impressive slab of feathers for the wing!!! Nicely done.

Thank you so much, Ronn!!! Nevertheless, I like this fly too, probably is there quite big wing?
Always loved this pattern and your tie (in hand!!) is a true delight...and that wing is amazing Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
(05-22-2020, 06:31 AM)CSFT II Wrote: Always loved this pattern and your tie (in hand!!) is a true delight...and that wing is amazing Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Thank you, sir! I only try to do better my previously attempt GH and I learn to tie in the hand by the book "Tied in the Hand" Sven Olov Hard and of course  by Pryce Tannatt book. Thank you again!!!
Impressing. Sven Olov knows what he talking about. Looking forward to see more of you handtied flies. I havent used vise on classics or freestyles since 2007. I only use vise if i am in need for some hurry tied killer wetflies when i am on my way to the river.
(05-22-2020, 10:37 AM)Sky-Pilot Wrote: Impressing. Sven Olov knows what he talking about. Looking forward to see more of you handtied flies.  I havent used vise on classics or freestyles since 2007. I only use vise if i am in need for some hurry tied killer wetflies when i am on my way to the river.

Thank you very much! Of course, I only learning to tie in the hand and sometimes I had repeated my attempt if anything for my view  was wrong, but I try to do that. This my secondory attempt to do GH in the hand.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Switch: Classic salmon flies that look like they will catch fish automatically look good to me visually. At first look I thought it looked a bit top heavy, but at the same time I recognized the expert quality of the tying. The relative thickness of the body (beautiful taper as it is ) and the swept back lovely hackle work prepared me to see a wing constructed in the same fashion. Your comment maybe "quite a big wing?", makes me comfortable responding honestly. You have world class talent

dave