Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fancy Olive

Fancy Olive. Francis Francis Recipe. The JC almost did me in on this one.
Best,
Dave
I get your problematic bit Dave but the finished product is great!!!
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
I like how you tied the tail in low on this fly, i think the shape of the wing suits it Dave well done, Terry
Thanks guys.
A gorgeous fly, Dave. Expertly dressed. I guess when a tier works at this level even the little things seem important. And speaking of little things, If you had prepped/ stroked the white tipped turk to a pointed taper it would have been the icing on the cake. Yeah, I'm being pickySmile

dave
(06-17-2020, 06:28 AM)dave gotzmer Wrote: A gorgeous fly, Dave.  Expertly dressed.  I guess when I tier works at this level even the little things seem important.  And speaking of little things, If you had prepped/ stroked the white tipped turk to a pointed taper it would have been the icing on the cake.  Yeah, I'm being pickySmile

dave

Thank you Dave, I appreciate the pointers and will pay more attention to that underwing in the future!!
Nice tie Dave! The JC in the tail looks as if tied in reversed sides with the curvature going up. Overall A good dressing.

Regards,

Marty
(06-17-2020, 01:40 PM)2ndmillion Wrote: Nice tie Dave! The JC in the tail looks as if tied in reversed sides with the curvature going up. Overall A good dressing.

Regards,

Marty

Thanks Marty.  I tried the JC both ways (curve up and down) and went with what you see. If I had a mulligan I would choose a different pair and shoot for something a little straighter.
Excelent fly. Well done.