Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Shrimp Blues
I call this one Dead Shrimp Blues. The first half was a "walk in the park" but at the joint, EVERYTHING went sideways but I kept with it with needed breaks to "clear the head" (Mine, not the fly) and the final product is ok. The lesson of the day? Take breaks when needed and calm but keep at it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
As for me, I have been watching on this wonderful fly with stoping my breath. Your's works are amazing, I am watching on the silk combinations with tinsel, so clearly made with loving process, I would like to know about beautiful butt near the tag what is the feather using for it, I risk to say that is peacock barb in metal copper colour. Bewiitched fly with cascade of colourful dessigion, Lovely fly, sir! Pardon me, if I had told about your's work as twist of the tongue. Thank you!
Soft fire makes sweet malt
Wow, doesn't look like anything went sideways from here Ronn, I take breaks when tying as well, nothing gained by rushing, when i get to the head i take my time as i used to see the finish line and hastily crack on, which never ended good, cracking fly, Terry.
Just beautiful Ronn. I admire your creativity here, and of course, your flawless work!!
Thanks guys. The herl at the tip is peacock dyed black. It results in a red copper look.
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
Full of splendid little touches that define your skills and attention to detail. World class tying, Ronn

dave
I’m beginning to think that your love for the blues is a love for creating beautiful works.

Regards,

Marty
You've still got the magic touch Lucas. Beautiful!!
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein