Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Effort - GH
I am mentoring/teaching a couple of fellows from my fly tying club who have a serious interest in tying Classic Salmon Flies. We were working on the basics when everything changed due to a certain virus. At that point we planned to move on and tie a married wing fly and they wanted to do a Green Highlander. Complicated enough to challenge these experienced tyers without beating them up too bad.

I decided to tie one as a refresher before we get back into this over the next couple of Sundays. I tried something different with the finished tips of the wings. I am always experimenting with appearances that are a little outside the norm...in this case the tips are somewhat squared off rather than coming to the usual point. Not sure if I like it, but I can live with it along with the other blips that happen when tying any fly. I'm generally happy with this one, and as always it is a learning experience to hopefully make the next tie a bit better.

Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
George,

Another beauty and you never fail to show us a new view of your talent.

Thanks for showing us your recent work.

Doug
Looks great from here George. Your work is unmistakeable which says a lot. Nice job my friend !
What they said plus!!! Regarding the wing shape. I don't tie married wing flies often so from a nonexpert on married wings, I like the "blunt" shape over a pointy wing. As is 95 percent of this tying stuff, it's a style thing and everyone's aren't the same.
Happy Trails!

Ronn Lucas, Sr.
ronnlucassr.com
ronn@ronnlucassr.com
Expertly dressed, George. Great to see a new post

dave
Thanks guys...my hat size just got a little larger Cool Cool Cool
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Another good one George! Glad that you are mentoring a few interested people. Your talents will serve you and them well.

Regards,

Marty
Very nice George! I like the GH tied with seal fur. Interesting contrast with the two different yellow silks. Lots to like here, I always enjoy seeing your flies!!

Best,
Dave
Good fly George  ,they are lucky guys who are being mentored by you, i remember when I posted my first fly on other forum way back you was one of the first with helpful critique, Terry.