Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rhombic profil hook with little knob
Tempered hook rhombic profil with knob, I think will be good for large Spey, any remarkes will be useful. Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Soft fire makes sweet malt
Most interesting design. It is my understanding...compliments of Ronn...the knob on the end of the hook shank was added strictly for making the fly more durable. Does it work? Who knows...but it still looks cool.
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
(07-31-2020, 08:37 AM)CSFT II Wrote: Most interesting design. It is my understanding...compliments of Ronn...the knob on the end of the hook shank was added strictly for making the fly more durable. Does it work? Who knows...but it still looks cool.

Thank you so much for nice words, I am thinking about knob on the hook, course I had been interesting this aspect of hook making, but I realy don't know how rightly attached gut on the knob hook. If anybody knows this method I will be glad to see it !!! And so I have just japaned my hook   Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hmmm...How to tie in the gut. My guess, and it is only a guess would be to tie the gut in along the sides of the hook shank rather than on the bottom in the usual way. Today's thread is strong enough to pull any well soaked gut tight to the hook shank around that knob and hold it firmly in place.

Like I said...just a guess on my part.
Petri Heil,
George
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
(08-02-2020, 07:46 AM)CSFT II Wrote: Hmmm...How to tie in the gut. My guess, and it is only a guess would be to tie the gut in along the sides of the hook shank rather than on the bottom in the usual way. Today's thread is strong enough to pull any well soaked gut tight to the hook shank around that knob and hold it firmly in place.

Like I said...just a guess on my part.

Yes, you are right! There is my first experience when I have been tying Spey fly on the knobed hook . Good practice I like it !!!